Friday, April 15, 2011

Walmart - 2 stores today!


Well, I work across the street from a Walmart and since I am now boycotting Kroger I decided I needed to get friendly once again with my arch enemy, the evil empire of Walmart. I have to admit I never thought the day would come when I would be cursing Kroger and praising Walmart, but it has.
I have been reading up on various forums and blogs and went in search of the deals today at lunch(seeing as I actually pass Walmart in an effort to hit my other targets!)

Unfortunately for me, the coupon competition is fierce and the first store was totally out of the toys I went in search of. BUT, I still scored some good deals. I got the following:
6 Poligrip $1.78 each - free insert 3-27 RP  = FREE
1 Similac formula $3.84 - $5 insert 4-3 SS = -$1.16
2 Spic and Span .97 each - $1/2 IP = .94
2 bananas = .39
Final cost = .17


After work, I hit a Walmart closer to home and although I did not find the Iron Man toys still, I did find the Operation game.  Here is what I did there:

6 Poligrip $1.78 each - free insert 3-27 RP  = FREE
1 Similac formula $3.84 - $5 insert 4-3 SS = -$1.16
2 Toy Story 3 Operation $5 each - $3 IP = $4
Final cost =$3.17 (taxed at higher than I should have been by .10)

Supposed, there is also a $3.50 Iron Man 2 Toy and there is a $3 IP here, but I have been to two stores with 3 empty pegs each!

AND don't forget, if you purchase the Operation Game, that is a Hasbro game and makes you eligible for a free Tombstone pizza coupon with your receipt. Go here to find out more!

Thanks Penny for the reminder!

4 comments:

Tracy S said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the heads up about the Iron Man toy coupon.

pcothran said...

I didn't know about the Iron Man toy coupon either, so thanks!

BTW, there's a typo in your post. You wrote Walgreens...but I know you meant Walmart. I've done that same thing before :)

FD said...

Good deal on the Spic and Span! I might have to go back AGAIN! Learned price-matching at Walmart this week and soooo loving them lately. Got Danonino Yogurt 6 pks for $0.50 each, Welche's Healthy Start Juice for $0.98, and boxes of Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks for $1 each. Also price-matched Zucchini, Bell Peppers, and Yellow onions for HUGE savings. And no need to run all over town. Cashiers have obviously had "a talkin' to" about being nicer to customers because I've had ZERO troubles so far. Emailing Walmart today with a "positive" letter -- nice departure from all the "negative" letters I've had to send to Kroger lately. LOL

Also, thought you might like to know that Mentos Gum is back on sale for $1 at Randalls. $0.35 coupon still TRIPLES over there (for now, at least)! So FREE gum! Go Randalls!

Pheobie said...

Found the Iron Man toy at a Walmart out in the Cy-Fair area for $3.50, so paid $.50 with the coupon you mentioned. I price checked the same toy at Target and it was $6.99...crazy!

Post a Comment