Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stop 2 : Food Town

I have to admit in my travels today I found myself near a Food Town. The only reason I wanted to go to a Food Town was to see if they had any Marcel Single paper towels or toilet paper that I could get for free. Well, they didn't have any toilet paper singles(or even 4 packs) but they did have single rolls of paper towels BUT those were $1.19 but I have to admit I do NOT like these enough to even pay .19 each after coupon. So as not to waste a trip, I decided to walk around a bit to hopefully find something worth while, I mean come on I had two kids with me and one I have to regular remind she had her shoes on the wrong feet!  First off(not pictured) I found Zatarains Creole Seasoning 17 oz(that is HUGE) for only .99 (wow).
BUT then I truly stumbled upon the most awesome deal of the day:

WOW!!!!! Do you realize this bread retails for $3.33 a loaf at Food Town ($3.69 or $3.89 at Randalls!)!!!!!  I could NOT pass up a deal like this and even further I could not let my close coupon buds pass up a deal like this even if they didn't stumble upon it themselves (do you see a lesson brewing?  I sure do).  Fifty cents a loaf is a savings of $2.83 a loaf for some really awesome bread!    So I guess you want to know how many I ended up with?  Guess! (my facebook friends are not allowed to guess since you should have the answer lol)

Anyway, the lesson here:  Find some close coupon buddies.  This is important for a few reasons.
1. You can keep each other informed on inventory situations at various stores.
2. You can be a sounding board for each other when deals go wrong and how to assess the situation.
3. You (me today!) have a literal CLONE in a store.  You are gonna have to learn as a couponer you are NOT gonna know or possibly be able to be there for EVERY deal there is!  Especially unadvertised ones such as this one!  That is where coupon buddies come in handy.  YOU(or THEY) are at a deal and they have you on text or speed dial)   They have your digits! Hopefully they know how to use them.  All they have to do is say "price is X how many do you want?"  So by proxy you are THERE!  3 coupon buddies of mine are getting $3.33 bread at .50 a loaf because I WAS THERE today!!!!!  To the sum of 26 loaves of BREAD!!!!
That means I have saved my 3 buds $73.58 collectively on bread just by me being at the right place at the right time.  But get this!  There will be a day that I have to attend a birthday party, or be out of town, or just have to man the kids and cannot get out and guess what???? My coupon bud(s) will be AT THAT DEAL.  I WILL be the one getting that text asking how much I want (it has already happened for me with these coupon buds, and I  know it will continue).  So forge those friendships, find that match that benefits the both of you and may you live happily and frugally ever after :)

And for what is worth a haul like that DOES look like something you would see on extreme couponers, but the picture you see below is a haul that will be shared with at least 5 households that I know of, so you make your own judgements.
This is 8 rows, 6 deep!  48 loaves of bread that would retail for $159.84 that was obtained with NO coupons for $ $24!

2 comments:

Miss. Marie said...

What Food Town location? Food Town does not double coupons Food Fair does right?

katycouponers said...

This was the Food Town on Briar Forest and Wilcrest. And that is correct, Food Town does not double coupons

Post a Comment