Thursday, April 14, 2011

CVS run for cheap milk and bread!

New here, please read the lingo to understand what I am saying!

Ok, I don't exactly know how to go about getting on the list of emails that actually gets coupons sent to you, but somehow I made it!  Maybe it was because my CVS shopping took a nose dive for so long due to the limits and horrible managers on my end of town.  BUT, about 3-4 months ago I started getting the $/$$ CVS purchase coupons emailed to me again.  The down side is they usually don't show up until noonish on Thursday, so I have to save my weekly shopping for later in the week (especially on very LIGHT weeks like this one).  Anyone, at exactly 11:14 am, I got the awesome CVS email offering me $5/30 purchase through Sunday, it looks like this:

Anyway, I was wondering how the heck I was gonna get to $30 on such a poor week for sales.  Luckily for me, the Colgate Total 4 oz is on sale for bogo @ $2.67 a piece. Even better is I have a wonderful trading buddy that supplied me with some $1.50 off any 4 oz + Colgate Total coupons she got in her inserts(they were in spanish?)
Well, in addition to those, I had the free candy or beverage and Essence of Beauty coupons I mention in this post.
These two offers ring up at the full value of $2 and $3.99 respectively regardless of the price your store rings the item.
This is how I got my bread and milk for pennies:

14 Colgate Total on bogo @ 2.67 = $18.69
1 Essence of Beauty anti bacterial $3
1 M*M candies $1.97 (thanks to a reader tip on this, sorry I can't find your name but plan to keep searching to give you due credit :)
1 Natures Own bread $2.69
1 Oak Farms milk $3.79
1 caramel .33 (I went negative! oops!*)
=$30.47

-$5/30
-19.50 - 13* $1.50 Colgate coupons
-$2 for free candy cvs coupon
-$3.99 for EOB CVS coupon
Total was -.02 and after tax -.09
Had to throw in caramel to make it positive
Paid: .26 OOP!

*The EOB was marked $3.99 and I forgot to price check AND I was planning to throw in 2 Xtra Detergents @ 1.49 each (I have some left over $1 IP's from the manuf website- no longer available) but my store would not let me use Smart Source printables, so I deleted those.
I had to take 1 Colgate coupon back before I went negative but apparantly I still went slightly negative (see, even seasoned couponers mess up :)

So anyway, total was .26 for my gallon of milk and loaf of bread and tomorrow the Sugar Land fire house is gonna get some toothpaste! (they had to void my original order and rering because the cashier was unsure of my spanish Colgate coupons, the manager came up and I showed him on my google translator on my phone that it said any Colgate Total toothpaste 4 oz, lol. Anyway, in between my cancel and rering, two firemen came in and saw all my toothpaste and remembered they were out at the "house" I told them if they would wait for mine to be rung they could have them, but they declined. Well, the firehouse is across the street from me, so I will deliver them 14 tubes of Colgate Total tomorrow, lol!) Gotta keep their teeth clean after all :) Again, this goes to show, NOT all transactions of use couponers go as planned or AS seen on TV! The trick is to keep your cool and have the confidence that you are doing couponing correctly and you have nothing to fear!

I would LOVE for readers to share their hits and misses stories here. As the seasoned couponer knows, like raising kids, couponing is a contact sport that you never truly know the outcome till the hand is played, lol! (my husband is gonna kill me for all these mixed metaphors- ZM is BACK in the groove, watch out!)


2 comments:

Kristin said...

I've had cashiers accuse me of stealing.

I've had 100% savings at Randalls.

Sometimes, you just have a great trip where everything works out like you planned it. And sometimes, it all goes to heck! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never thought about a fire house. We have a local non-profit that runs a salvation army/goodwill type store. They acccept all donations, give away what they can and sell the rest. Sometimes I overwhelm them with my donations, so I'll have to remember that!
jamie

Post a Comment